1. Wash, clean and dice the mushrooms.
2. Wash and drain basmati rice and set it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf and fry for a minute.
4. Then add onion and green chillies and fry till the onions turn translucent.
5. Then add the ginger garlic paste and then the turmeric powder mix well and add mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
6. Now add the rice, required water ( i used 3 cups of water for 2 cups of rice), salt and mix well. Close the lid and pressure cook it till it is done. (I cooked it for a whistle and then lowered the heat and cooked to 5 minutes and turned off the heat.)
7. Wait till the pressure is released. Then open the cooker, gently fluff up the rice, garnish with cilantro and serve it warm along with raitha.