1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheet.
2. Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda, oats, then stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and raisins (and nuts if desired).
4. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls (I use a medium cookie scoop) onto the prepared cookie sheets. Allow space, as these cookies do spread out.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies will be golden and crisp on edges, slightly gooey in the center. Do not over bake.
6. Allow to cool five minutes then transfer to cooling rack.