1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk and cornmeal. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
3. Add eggs, oil, and applesauce to buttermilk/cornmeal mixture and stir until combined. Incorporate dry ingredients. Mixture will be somewhat lumpy; don\'t over mix.
4. Heat a griddle pan to medium heat. Grease pan with butter.
5. When pan is hot, scoop batter in 1/4c sized portions onto griddle. Sprinkle a handful of blueberries onto each pancake.
6. Cook until golden underneath and bubbles rise to the surface, then flip. Continue cooking on the other side until golden and cooked through.
7. Serve with butter and real maple syrup or blueberry syrup.