1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, herbs, pesto, cheese and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat, add olive oil and onion. Sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic, cook until aromatic. Add tomatoes, peppers and beans, toss to warm through.
3. Pour in egg mixture. Cook over medium high heat. As egg mixture sets, run a non-melting spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting the edge until egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist). Remove from heat.
4. Cover with foil and let stand 3 – 4 minutes or until top is set.
5. To serve, cut frittata into wedges and place on serving dish. Salt and pepper to taste. If desired, garnish with *optional tomato wedges.
For lighter frittatas, add 2 tablespoons of low fat milk to the egg mixture.
Frittatas can be served warm or room temperature.