This easy quick bread is absolutely packed with fresh orange zest and shredded coconut. It’s extraordinarily moist and is perfect served at room temperature or toasted and buttered.
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C). Spray a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13-cm) loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray (or use butter or oil).
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Whisk yogurt, sugar, eggs, coconut, orange zest and vanilla in separate bowl.
3. Pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture. Stir with a spoon or spatula until just mixed. Add vegetable oil and fold into the batter.
4. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick placed into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
To glaze loaf:
Stir powdered sugar and orange juice together until smooth then drizzle over loaf.
6. Wait 10 minutes for glaze to set before serving.
Notes and Tips:
We have also used a 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan with success (in fact, since it is a little smaller, the batter domes nicely).