Serve these smoky and savory tacos topped with your favorite toppings. We love something bright and fresh like lime, onion and cilantro. We’ve given a list of suggested toppings, but add what you love.
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning as necessary until fat has rendered and bacon is crispy. About 8 minutes.
2. Drain bacon on paper towels (save for later). Discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
3. Season chicken on both sides with salt. Place chicken in skillet, in a single layer, and cook until a crust forms, about 5 minutes, Turn and cook until thighs are just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes longer. Turn heat to low then transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into small pieces.
4. Add chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, coriander and garlic to the pan. Cook, while stirring, for 1 minute.
5. Place chicken back into the pan. Pour stock over chicken then use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Cook until stock has thickened and coated the chicken. Stir in lime juice.
6. Serve chicken next to warm tortillas and your favorite taco toppings. (Don’t forget to crumble the bacon from earlier and add to the tops of your tacos).
Notes and Tips:
Smoked paprika, sometimes labeled hot Pimentón or hot Pimentón de La Vera, is not the same as sweet paprika. It is a little spicy and very smoky. Look for it in the spice aisle or online.
Optional taco toppings:
* Onions, pickled red onions, cheese, sour cream or crema, avocado or guacamole, hot sauce, pickled jalapenos, lettuce or cabbage and cilantro