This simple baked salmon recipe is perfect for a weekday, but could also fill in for a special occasion. The fish is lightly coated with a mixture of sour cream, mustard and parmesan cheese. It’s brightly flavored and quite delicious. When baking the fish, be careful not to overcook. For moist salmon, bake until the salmon is barely done at the thickest part then remove from the oven cover with foil and let rest.
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish. (Instead of oiling the pan, you could also line with parchment paper).
2. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mustard and the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place salmon onto baking sheet then spread about 2 tablespoons of sour cream mixture on top of each salmon filet.
4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until barely done in the center at the thickest part of the salmon. The center should be firm, but with a small amount of uncooked salmon in the very center. Depending on how thick the salmon is, it may need a few minutes longer. (The internal temperature should be around 125 degrees F).
5. Remove from oven then cover lightly with aluminum foil and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. During this time, the salmon will continue to cook.
6. Serve salmon with your favorite sides.