This pasta dish comes together in less than 25 minutes and is perfect to answer a need for comfort or even for your next date night! In this, we use large shrimp, but you could replace the shrimp with cooked chicken or cooked mushrooms.
For the shrimp, we toss them in a little bit of olive oil and season with salt then add to the cooked pasta raw. They will cook when baked in the oven. If we were to cook the shrimp beforehand, we risk them overcooking and drying out.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then cook pasta according to package directions.
3. In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium heat until garlic begins to brown.
Add tomatoes, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon of salt then cook until warmed through, taste for seasoning, add additional salt if necessary then set aside.
4. In a small bowl, toss shrimp in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, set aside.
5. Drain cooked pasta and add to a large bowl with tomato sauce, shrimp, spinach and half of the feta cheese crumbles.
Toss and add to a 10 1/2-inch x 7-inch baking dish and top with remaining feta cheese, bread crumbs and a drizzle of olive oil (about 2 teaspoons).
Bake about 10 minutes until lightly browned on top and shrimp are opaque throughout.