Why we love this recipe.
Fast, fresh and so easy. The longest part of this recipe is cooking the pasta. The avocado “sauce” is made in literally minutes.
What you need to know.
In the recipe, we call for grated garlic. To do this, we use a microplane grater. If you do not have one at home, make sure you mince the garlic very finely before adding.
Equipment you’ll need.
You will need a chef’s knife, large bowl, large pot, two spoons or tongs and a microplane (optional).
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil then cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of hot pasta water then drain pasta.
Prepare Avocado Sauce
1. Cut tomato in half then scoop out any loose seeds and discard. Then, chop into small pieces and set aside.
2. Add avocado flesh to a large bowl.
then use a fork to mash into a chunky paste.
Add the garlic.
Add the lemon juice.
Add salt and a dash of pepper.
Mix. Taste then adjust salt and or pepper as needed.
Combine Sauce and Pasta
1. Add the drained cooked pasta.
Add about 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water.
Add the tomatoes to bowl.
Use two spoons or tongs to toss. The avocado will turn into a thin sauce that coats the pasta. Add more reserved pasta sauce if to thin the sauce out even more if needed.
2. Serve with green onions sprinkled on top.