A simple side dish of baked broccoli with sharp cheddar cheese. Roasting broccoli might even make your pickiest eaters love broccoli!
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Prepare the broccoli by cutting the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving about an inch of stalk attached to the florets; discard the rest of the stalks. Pull the larger florets apart, so all are a similar size, you should have about 2 cups of florets.
3. Place the florets on a baking sheet large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add the garlic and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and red pepper flakes pepper.
4. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender and the tips of some of the florets are slightly crisp browned.
5. Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and cheddar cheese.