Low and slow cooking make these oven baked ribs fall off the bone tender. Once baked, we like to add our sweet and spicy barbecue sauce to the ribs, but you could use whatever you like.
1. Heat oven to 275° F (135° C).
2. Place the ribs meat side down on a cutting board. Locate the thin membrane covering the rack. This membrane can be tough when cooked. To remove, use a knife to gently slide under the membrane then using your fingers, pull the membrane away from the bones. If slippery or difficult to remove, use a kitchen towel to take hold of it and pull.
3. Season both sides of the ribs with salt and pepper then place into a large roasting pan. (It may be necessary to cut the ribs in half in order for them to fit into the pan). Cover with two sheets of aluminum foil.
4. Roast for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, until the meat falls easily from the bones.
Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce
1. To make the sweet and spicy sauce, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onions and sauté until translucent. Add the cumin and stir. Next, add the ketchup, hot chili sauce, brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine, season with salt then cook for 2 minutes. Set aside in preparation for the ribs to finish roasting.
2. Remove the ribs from the oven, discard the aluminum foil and generously brush both sides with barbeque sauce.
3. Move an oven rack near to the top of the oven. Turn broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-4 minutes, just until the barbeque sauce begins to caramelize.
4. Serve and Enjoy.