1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
2. Add shallots, garlic, coriander seeds and peppers, and bring back to the boil.
3. Add the peas and allow to cook until bright green and warmed through, about 30-45 seconds.
4. Using a strainer, add the peas, shallots, garlic, coriander and peppers to a blender with about 2 ladlefulls of the flavored liquid. Blend for 30 seconds then add the creme fraiche and whole mint leaves, puree until smooth. Taste and season if necessary.
When blending a hot liquid, try not to the jar more than half full and cover the lid with a dry towel then hold it firmly down by hand)
5. Pour the soup through a wire mesh strainer into a bowl over an ice bath. Stir the soup until chilled. Taste again for seasoning.
6. Add the shrimp, sliced mint leaves, olive oil, lime zest and juice, pea shoots and chili (if using). Lightly toss and season with salt and pepper.
7. To serve, ladle the soup into a bowl and top each bowl with a spoonful of the salad. If desired, drizzle with olive oil.