A simple salad of roasted beets, pear and tomato.
1. Place the beets into an aluminum-lined baking dish, cover tightly then roast in a 400 degree F oven for 1 to 2 hours or until a fork can easily be inserted into the beets.
2. Allow the beets to cool, then slice into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Arrange on a platter, alternating the beets and tomatoes.
4. Place the sliced pears, goat cheese and pecans along side the beets and tomatoes.
5. Make the vinaigrette by whisking mustard, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
6. Season with salt and pepper then drizzle over beets and tomatoes.
7. Serve with warmed baguette.