1. Use a vegetable peeler to remove lemon zest (yellow part only) from each lemon; you may need to use a small pairing knife to remove any white pith from the peel.
2. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, add the lemon peel and leave in the boiling water for 10 seconds, drain the water, set aside the lemon peel and repeat.
3. In a separate saucepan, bring the oils, lemon juice, garlic and salt to a simmer, add the lemon peel, reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for about 1 hour.
4. Cool and store, covered in oil in the refrigerator (will keep for up to a month).
5. Finally, toss the olives with olive oil, lemon confit and chili flakes, then serve.