Roasted pears are so simple and the perfect end to a special meal.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Quarter and core the pears.
then place cut-side up (skin-side down) and dust with powdered sugar.
3. Melt butter in an oven-safe Dutch oven or similar over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add pears cut-side down to pan and cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes.
4. Flip pears skin-side up, add wine, star anise and cinnamon stick; place into oven for 15-20 minutes. The wine should reduce down to a syrup consistency and the pears will be tender.
5. Transfer pears to a serving dish, drizzle with syrup from pan and top with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.