1. Cut the butter into small pieces then place into the freezer along with the food processor bowl and blade for about 10 minutes.
2. Once the food processor bowl and blade is chilled, add the flour, sugar and salt; pulse a few times to combine.
3. Add the chilled pieces of butter and pulse (1 second) about 8 times until it looks crumbly and the butter is the size of peas.
4. Next, use a tablespoon measure to add 3 tablespoons of cold water to the dough, pulse for 1 second; repeat this process until the dough begins to come away from the sides of the bowl and comes together.
5. Place the dough on a floured work surface and use your hands to bring it together into a ball, do not knead.
6. Wrap the ball with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
7. To make one pie crust, cut the dough in half, place one half back into the refrigerator and the other on a floured work surface to roll out.