Sweet Pie/Tart Dough (Pâte Sucrée)
1. Add the sliced butter and sugar into the food processor and pulse until they are creamed, light and fluffy. Add one egg and the yolk of the second egg, then pulse again until incorporated; reserve the egg white from the second egg until end in case the dough is too dry. Sift the flour and salt together, then add to the food processor, pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball. If the mixture will not form into a ball and looks dry after about 30 seconds, add the reserved egg white. Turn out the dough onto plastic wrap and flatten into a disk; place into the refrigertaor for about 20 minutes.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough, starting from the middle and working out. The dough should be uniform in thickness and about 1/4 inch. Roll the dough onto the rolling pin and carefully place into a 8″ or 9″ tart pan. Without stretching the dough, lightly press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan then fill with you desired filling.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl add the blueberries, sliced strawberries, zest and juice of the lime, sugar and flour then carefully fold everything together. Pour the filling into a prepared uncooked tart shell then sprinkle the bits of butter all over the tart.
Bake in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes, the tart shell should be cooked and lightly brown on the edges. Remove the tart from the oven and allow to cool for at least 25 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan, gently heat the jam then use a pastry brush to brush the warmed jam all over the top of the tart, allow the tart to cool a bit longer then serve with ice cream or whipped cream.