1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees then butter and flour and 9-inch round cake pan.
2. While the oven is preheating, place the almonds on a cookie sheet and put in the oven for about 3-5 minutes or until you begin to smell the nuts. Remove the baking sheet and allow the almonds to cool.
3. Once cooled, use a mini food processor or a knife to coarsely chop the almonds into to small pieces.
4. Peel and dice (1/4 inch dice) the apple, then squeeze a little lemon juice over the diced apples to prevent browning. Toss the apples in the 2 tablespoons of flour and set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining flour, baking powder, salt and allspice then set aside.
6. In another large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until they are combined, slightly fluffy and a light lemon color. Add the yogurt, butter, lemon zest, almond extract and vanilla extract to the egg mixture, whisk to combine.
7. Add a third of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine with a spatula, once combined, add the next third of the flour mixture and combine, then add the remaining third and use the spatula to combine.
8. Add ¾ of the chopped nuts and the diced apples to the mixture and stir with a spatula until they are integrated. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake pan, sprinkle the top of the cake with the remaining nuts and place into the oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the middle of the cake and be removed cleanly.
9. Remove the cake from the oven and squeeze half a lemon over the entire cake then allow to cool for 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle a little powdered sugar for serving.