1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 2 ramequins (ovenproof cups) by equally distributing the milk and butter between each dish then set aside.
2. In a small pan over medium heat, cook the shallots for about 3 minutes or until translucent, then add the thyme, rosemary and a small pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Carefully crack 2 eggs into each of 2 small bowls (these bowls do not need to be oven safe) without breaking the yolks then set aside.
4. Once the oven has preheated, place the two oven-safe ramequins with milk and butter into the oven for 2 minutes, until the butter has melted and the milk is hot. Carefully and quickly, add the cracked eggs to the ramequins, 2 per dish. Then, sprinkle the eggs with the shallot and herb mixture and top with parmesan cheese. Place the ramequins back into the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the egg yolks are slightly runny and the egg whites are just set.
5. Note: For a browned crust on top, remove the eggs from the oven about 3 minutes early and place them under the broiler for about 1 minute until the tops are brown and the egg whites are set.