1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 12 muffin slots in a muffin pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt until well-combined. In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add the milk and maple syrup and whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well until combined.
3. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Using a big ice cream scoop can help.
4. Slide the pan into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the muffins are cooked through and golden. Loosen and remove from the pan. Let cool.
5. These are great served hot with a pat of butter. To reheat, split in half and bake for 10 minutes at 325.