Love tacos? Then you’ll adore these taco-flavored meatballs with creamy cheddar mashed potatoes. I created this recipe for my client Old El Paso -- all opinions are my own.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs and taco seasoning. Form into 1-inch meatballs and arrange in a rectangular glass baking dish.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once, until golden and cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, bring a salted pot of water to a boil on the stove. Add the potatoes to the pot and boil for 15-20 minutes, until soft. Drain well.
5. Transfer the potatoes back to the pot and mash. Add the cheddar cheese and stir well to combine. Stir in the milk and season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide the potatoes, meatballs and avocado evenly among four plates. Top the mashed potatoes with salsa. Enjoy!
Want to speed this up? Premade cheddar mashed potatoes can be used in place of these homemade ones. For less spicy meatballs, use regular taco seasoning.