1. Choose an oblong seedless watermelon for carving.
2. Wash watermelon and pat dry.
3. Cut in half lengthwise.
4. Hollow out both sides, using a melon baller.
5. Carve out block design in the bottom side, using a channel knife. (Copy from photo).
6. Use a dry erase marker to trace turtle shell, legs, and head on top side of watermelon.
7. Carve shapes with knife, and add designs with channel knife.
8. Add peppercorns to the eye holes to fill.
9. Fill bottom with fruit salad.
10. Attach legs and head to shell, using strong toothpicks or skewers, and put on top of salad. Add accents around base with leaves and plants.