1. Peel strips from a carrot to use as the fish's fins.
2. Cut the large end of a carrot to about 5cm long.
3. Round the carrot off and make one end and the underside flat. Cut a thin groove at the top back end of the fish to hold its fins.
4. Cut fin shapes from the strips of carrot that were peeled off earlier.
5. Insert the fins into the thin groove.
6. On both sides of the fish cut grooves to hold the side fins.
7. Cut side fin shapes form a carrot and insert them into the side grooves.
8. Cut three small, thick ring shapes from a carrot. Insert round, black ended pins into two of them and stick them into the fish to make the eyes . Use part of a cocktail stick or pin to fix the third one as the mouth.
9. The finished carving.